- Yield: 4-5 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Apple Pork Bowl
This gluten-free apple pork bowl has beautiful unique flavors that are a refreshing change from the ordinary. The sweetness of the apple pairs perfectly with the savory pork and the saltiness of the feta cheese. You can also use this recipe to make burgers and put that bright apple slaw on top!
- Bright Apple Slaw (https://glutenfreed.recipes/bright-apple-slaw/) - 4-5 servings
- olive or coconut oil - 3 tbs.
- ground pork - 1 1/2 pounds
- crisp red apple (grated) - 1
- dried thyme - 1 tbs.
- lemon zest - 2 tsp (one lemon zested)
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - to taste
- dried rice (your favorite kind) - 2 cups
- broccoli florets - 1 1/2
- Combine the pork, 1/2 of the apple, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil in a pan and turn the stove onto medium-high heat.
- Cook until the pork is no longer pink and a little crispy.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Turn the oven onto 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut up the broccoli florets, drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Cook in the oven until fork-tender.
- While the pork, rice, and broccoli are cooking, assemble the Bright Apple Slaw https://glutenfreed.recipes/bright-apple-slaw/
- Put the cooked rice into a bowl followed by the broccoli florets, pork, and apple slaw. Enjoy!