- Yield: 18
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 17-20 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 113
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Serving Size: 1 muffin (no nuts)
- Sodium Content: 131 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
Everyone has those days when you run out of cereal and think, hmmm......I need to make something for breakfast that is easy and delicious....and I have some bananas over there on the counter going bad.....so let's make banana muffins!!! This recipe is exactly what you need for an easy and delicious breakfast treat. They are light and fluffy but packed full of banana flavor. You could also add a crumble or some nuts to spice up these muffins even more! Enjoy!
The original recipe can be found at https://www.cookingclassy.com/gluten-free-banana-muffins/.
- All Purpose Gluten Free flour blend (I used Great Value All-Purpose Flour Blend) - 1 3/4 c.
- baking powder (gluten free) - 2 tsp.
- baking soda - 1/2 tsp.
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon - 1 tsp.
- unsalted butter (softened) - 1/2 c.
- brown sugar (packed) - 1/2 c.
- granulated sugar - 1/4 c. and 2 tsb.
- eggs - 2 large
- overripe bananas - 3 or 1 1/2 c.
- nuts (optional) - 1/2 c.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together with a stand-up or hand mixer.
- Alternately add the eggs and bananas to the sugar and butter mixture.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture in thirds so that flour doesn't fly up in your face when you try to mix it in all at once. Beat on medium high until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in nuts if you are using them.
- NOW heat the oven to 400 degrees F. It is good to only start preheating the oven after you have mixed everything because it is good for gluten-free batters to sit a while before they are baked to allow the baking soda to develop the air pockets in the dough.
- Once the oven has preheated, take an ice cream scoop and scoop the batter into your lined cupcake tray.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes and then let cool on a cooking rack before eating.