- Yield: 1 cup
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
This sauce is the epitome of umami! It has a beautiful, deep sweet and savory flavor that goes well with almost any Asian dish! You could use it with some plain Ramen noodles for a quick snack or light meal. You could marinate any meat in it or you could use it to spice up a chickpea dish. Of course, I especially love it on Korean Bibimbap. It is very simple to throw together and is truly one of the best Asian sauces I have ever tasted! Enjoy!
- Tamari or Soy Sauce (gluten free) - 1/2 c.
- water - 1/2 c.
- Chili powder - 1 tsp.
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 3 tbs.
- sugar - 4 tbs.
- minced garlic - 3 tsp.
- rice vinegar - 2 tsp.
- arrowroot powder or cornstarch (optional) - 2 tbs.
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and simmer for about fifteen minutes. If the sauce is not thick enough for your liking, then you can mix the arrowroot or cornstarch with a little water and then add it to the sauce. If you add this, make sure to simmer it for a little longer until it is thicker. Enjoy!