Breakfast Banana Split
This is the perfect breakfast for kiddos who LOVE sweet things for breakfast and for mom's who are trying to cut down on the sugary breakfasts! It's a great balance of sweet and savory that makes both mom and kiddo happy. Tip: If you use Oikos Zero, you can really cut down on the sugar but not the yummy taste of the yogurt.
- banana - 1
- yogurt (I like to use Oikos Zero to cut down on sugar) - two ice cream scoops
- fruit of your choice - 1/4 cup
- Peanut Butter Granola
- Old Fashioned Oats - 5 c.
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- honey - 1 cup
- peanut butter - 1 cup
- vanila extract (or 1/4 tsp of almond extract) - 1 tsp
- coconut oil (softened or melted) - 1/4 c.
- Scoop the yogurt (using an ice cream scoop) into silicone cupcake cups.
- Put in the freezer until they reach the desired consistency (about 10 minutes).
- While the yogurt is in the freezer, start making the granola.
- To make the granola, preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Then, put aluminum foil or parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Mix all the ingredients for the granola together well and then spread in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes for until the granola turns light brown.
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely. The granola will harden as it cools.
- Cut bananas in half and add the semi-frozen yogurt, fruit, and granola to the top of the bananas. Enjoy!