This is a very special dish in our family. It comes straight from Aunt Tina who is a born and bred Italian!!! This is truly an indulgent dish with silky egg covered noodles and succulent bacon and sauteed onions. You probably won't find this dish in an American Italian restaurant but now you can have it at home all to yourself! Enjoy!
- Thai Rice Noodles (or gluten free spaghetti noodles) - 1 box
- Bacon - 9-12 slices
- onion - 1 medium
- eggs (beaten) - 4
- Parmesan Romano cheese (grated) - 1 1/2 c.
- Cook the noodles until they are mostly cooked but not cooked all the way through. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- Cook bacon and leave about 2 tbs of it in the pan. You can store the rest of the drippings in a jar in the pantry for later. Place the bacon on a paper towel to drain. Make sure to also dab the grease off the tops of the bacon too.
- Dice onions and saute them in the bacon grease until they are cooked through and caramelized (slightly brown). Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Combine Parmesan-Romano cheese with eggs.
- On low heat, stir the Parmesan mixture into the cooked noodles. Cook until the eggs are done (a little white and solid looking).
- Serve with onions and bacon on top. Enjoy!