Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins
These chocolate banana bread muffins have that beautiful banana bread texture and taste you love but in a much more manageable and less crumbly form! These muffins are so soft and fluffy and are nice and sweet but are only sweetened with natural sweeteners that won't leave you with that "too much sugar buzz" feeling. Make sure not to leave out the chocolate chips!!! Enjoy!
- bananas (very ripe) - 2 medium
- honey - 1/2 c.
- vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- egg - 1 whole
- applesauce (unsweetened) - 1/4 c.
- coconut oil - 1/4 c.
- whole milk - 1 c.
- All Purpose Gluten Free flour blend (I used Great Value All-Purpose Flour Blend) - 2 c. + 3 tbs.
- cocoa powder (Hershey's special Dark Chocolate) - 1/3 c.
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- dark chocolate chips - 1/2-1 c.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl of a standing mixer, add bananas, honey, vanilla, egg, oil, milk and applesauce. Mix until well combined. You may still see some small chunks of banana but that's ok.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the gluten free flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir just until combined and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin liners using an ice cream scoop and sprinkle on additional chocolate chips, if desired (this is HIGHLY suggested).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Be careful not to confuse a melted chocolate chip with the batter.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!