- Yield: 24
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-17 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 208.25
- Carbohydrate Content: 19.47 g
- Cholesterol Content: 70.26 mg
- Fat Content: 14.73 g
- Fiber Content: 16.74 g
- Protein Content: 0.65 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 23.7
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Sodium Content: 25.62 mg
- Sugar Content: 36 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content: 16.19 g
Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes (Flourless)
I’m so excited!!! I am a chocoholic, so finding a recipe for a chocolate cupcake that is fluffy but still fudgy is pure heaven! They are super fluffy at first, but it's like they magically turn into a brownie when you bite into them! The best thing about these is that they are incredibly moist, which can be hard to achieve with chocolate cakes.
Plus, this recipe requires ZERO flour! I didn’t have to buy an expensive gluten-free flour mix to make these gems. The only thing “out of the ordinary” that I had to buy was some semi-sweet chocolate squares. I chose Ghirardelli (which is always a good bet).
The only thing about these cupcakes is that they tend to sink a little at the top. This does not affect the texture of the cupcake unless the cupcake liners are underfilled. Make sure to fill these at least 3/4 of the way so that when it does sink, it will not affect the middle of the cake. You are going to fill the top with icing anyway and nobody will know the difference.
- Preheat oven to 375 ° Fahrenheit
- Place the butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and bittersweet chocolate in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds to make sure that it doesn't burn.
- In a large bowl, mix the chocolate mixture and brown sugar together. Add in the eggs and egg yolks and mix just until incorporated. Don't overmix!
- Mix in the vanilla and sour cream until creamy.
- Sift the cocoa powder to break up any lumps. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to get any hidden dry ingredients incorporated and add the cocoa powder and baking powder and mix just until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl one more time.
- Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 the way full with the batter.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the top comes out with moist crumbs attached. Do not overbake or they will be super dry! Remove from the oven and cool completely. They may sink a little in the middle but that's ok. Enjoy!