- Yield: 24-30
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
Chocolate Chip Cookies
One thing that I have missed SOOOO much since I have been gluten-free, is just a nice warm, fresh out of the oven cookie! Today, I decided that I wasn’t going to deprive myself any longer and that I was just going to try it and see what happened. I looked on Pinterest for a good recipe and this one caught my eye. The recipe was similar to a regular chocolate chip cookie and it was exactly like a regular chocolate chip cookie!!! But no gluten of course.
The dough is darker than I remember a “normal” chocolate chip cookie dough, but the cookies come out incredibly tender! Here is what the dough should look like after it is all mixed in.
These almost didn’t make it to the oven, ya'll.
The instructions in the original recipe say to bake them for about 12 minutes. I found that, at least for my oven, this was WAY too long. I put mine in for exactly 9 minutes and found that they came out absolutely perfect! They were lightly browned on the bottom and soft but not gooey on the inside. If you want an even gooier middle though, put them in for 8 minutes and they will still be firm enough to eat but still a bit doughy in the middle. These cookies are incredibly tender and buttery no matter which time you choose!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a microwave. Make sure to put a towel over so it doesn’t splatter all over the place. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small mixing bowl add flour, salt, cornstarch, and baking soda. Mix together with a whisk.
- In a separate, bigger bowl, add brown sugar, white sugar and butter together. Mix until it is smooth and light brown in color.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla.
- Mix your dry mix into your wet mix. I mixed this by hand, just until I could no longer see any white streaks from the flour.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until just incorporated.
- I like to use a small cookie scoop to scoop them onto a greased cookie sheet or onto some parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 9 minutes or 8 minutes if you like them a little gooey on the inside.