- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Chocolate Lava Cake
This gluten-free chocolate lava cake will satisfy anyone's chocolate cravings! The textures in this cake are simply incredible with a nice cakey outside and silky, warm chocolate sauce in the middle. The good thing is that it is super easy to make!!! You can easily stick the leftover cakes in the fridge for later and pull one out whenever you have a craving (which, for me, is all the time). Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Butter the ramekins, and then dust with a little cocoa powder to prevent sticking.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a metal or glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. You could also just put it in a saucepan but stir it constantly so it doesn't scorch. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, yolks, and sugar.
- Add the chocolate and butter mixture to the egg mixture, a little bit at a time. to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Sprinkle flour over the top of the mix, and stir to blend.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into 6 prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-13 minutes (depending on how much "lava" you want in the middle), until the edges of each cake appear baked through.
- Remove from oven and serve warm. Cakes can also be carefully overturned onto a serving plate and topped with whipped cream.