- Yield: 24
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-18 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 102
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake (no icing)
- Sodium Content: 210 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content: 2 g
Classic Vanilla Cupcakes
There's just something about a good vanilla cupcake...it's also very versatile in the baking world. You can add almost any flavor with it and you've got an amazing dessert! These vanilla cupcakes taste just like their gluten-filled counter parts and have the same fluffy texture but with even more flavor than your standard store-bought vanilla cupcakes. So have fun and add whatever flavor filling or frosting you want to these timeless vanilla cupcakes!
- All Purpose Gluten Free flour blend (I used Great Value All-Purpose Flour Blend or Bob Mills gluten free 1 to 1 flour ) - 3 cups
- sugar - 1 1/3 cup
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- unsalted butter (room temperature and cut into 1/2 inch squares) - 1 cup
- eggs - 4
- buttermilk (or 1 cup of milk mixed with 1 tbs of white vinegar) - 1 cup
- vanilla extract (pure) - 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 and line 2 cupcake pans.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. You can use a paddle attachment or a whisk attachment.
- Add the sugar. Mix on low until well combined.
- Add in butter, a few cubes at a time, until the mixture is well blended and looks like sand.
- Add in eggs one at a time.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla and mix on medium-high (I started mixing by hand here but you can use a standard or electric mixer) for 2 minutes or until batter is smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula as needed.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool. Enjoy!