- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Cream Cheese Chicken Chilli
This is one of the most satisfying and mouthwatering chillis I have every made!!! It's a silky mouthful of Mexican flavor that is super easy to whip up. You can do this on the stovetop or in the crock pot. Just remember to rinse the black beans before adding them or the soup with turn grey instead of that appetizing creamy color. You can also use one or two packages of cream cheese. This is a very rich dish if you use two, which I personally love. But some may not like it quite as rich so you can just put one package of cream cheese in. Enjoy!
- chicken stock - 2 cups (or more if the soup seems to thick)
- black beans - 2 cans (rinsed)
- corn - 2 cans (undrained)
- crushed fire roasted tomatoes - 2 cans (undrained)
- gluten free Ranch Dressing mix - 2 packets
- cumin - 2 tsp
- chilli powder - 1-2 tbs
- onion powder - 2 tsp
- light cream cheese - 1-2 packets
- Cilantro - 1 tbs
- salt - 1 tsp (or more to taste)
- Cook the chicken in the oven at 450 for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and at 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and begin to heat it up on medium heat.
- When the chicken is done, shred it and add to the pot. Bring to a boil and then simmer at least until the cream cheese is completely melted. The longer you simmer it, the more flavor you will get though.
- If you want to use a crock pot to cook the soup, just add all the ingredients into the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.