- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Mushroom Skillet
This gluten-free creamy Parmesan Chicken and mushroom skillet is a truly doable and indulgent dish! It's creamy and full of rich deep flavors that will leave you feeling like you are at a nice restaurant. Enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put chicken thighs in a bag and pour in the olive oil, garlic, parsley, and salt. Shake the bag until the chicken thighs are completely coated with the mixture.
- Heat more olive oil in an oven-safe pan (about 2 tbs.) over medium-high heat. DO NOT add the chicken in until the pan is good and hot or you will not be able to achieve beautiful brown chicken thighs.
- When the oil is hot, carefully add the chicken thighs. Brown both sides until they are golden brown but not cooked through.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven, dice your raw bacon and set aside.
- When the chicken is done, transfer the chicken to a plate off to the side and pour out half of the chicken juices (or save them for later).
- Put the pan back on the stove and turn it on to medium heat.
- Add the rest of the garlic (for the sauce) into the pan and only cook it for about a minute until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the bacon and fry it until it just starts to become crisp (it seems to take forever, but it is important to wait until it just starts cooking so you don't have soggy or overcooked bacon).
- Add in your mushrooms and cook until they start to become soft and the bacon is good and crispy.
- Poor in the cream, chicken broth, Parmesan, and pepper.
- You might want to taste it and see if you want any more salt, but the bacon adds a lot of salt to the dish all by itself.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and allow it to simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to plates and spoon that beautiful sauce all over the top of the chicken! Garnish with more dried parsley and Parmesan if desired. Enjoy!