- Yield: 18
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 28
- Cholesterol Content: 44 mg
- Fat Content: 12
- Protein Content: 2
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake (no icing)
- Sodium Content: 90
- Sugar Content: 18
- Unsaturated Fat Content: 9 g
Devil’s Food Cupcake
This is definitely my favorite gluten-free chocolate cupcake recipe to date!!! This cupcake is an exact "copycat" of a regular chocolate cupcake. It is perfectly fluffy with a deep chocolatey flavor that you just can't match with a store-bought cupcake, gluten-free or otherwise. Enjoy!
Find the original recipe at https://flippindelicious.com/2014/07/best-gluten-free-chocolate-cake.html
- cocoa powder - 1 c. (4 oz.)
- brown sugar - 1 1/2 c. (10 oz.)
- All Purpose Gluten Free flour blend (I used Great Value All-Purpose Flour Blend) - 1 1/2 c. + 3 1/2 tbs (9 1/2 oz.)
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- hot water or brewed coffee - 1 cup
- vegetable oil - 3/4 c.
- sour cream (try substituting 1/2 c. dairy free yogurt to make this diary free) - 1/2 c.
- eggs (whole) - 2
- egg yolk - 2
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a standing mixer, sift the cocoa powder (make sure to sift the cocoa powder before you measure it), brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the hot coffee ( or hot water for a milder chocolate taste) and oil at the same time and mix.
- Add the sour cream and eggs a little at a time and mix until it looks light and silky.
- Prepare the baking pan and fill almost to the top with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (22 minutes was the perfect time for my oven). When you stick a toothpick in it is good to see moist crumbs sticking to it.
- Cool completely before icing.