- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
This is THE staple of Thanksgiving in our house! No Thanksgiving around here is complete without this beautiful creamy gravy. It has a unique flavor all its own that I can only describe as the essence of Thanksgiving dinner. The slow-cooked giblets and unique mix of onion and celery bring a beautiful brightness to this gravy without reducing any of its richness. It is the perfect finishing touch to any Thanksgiving dish. Enjoy!
- In a saucepan add giblets and neck, salt, celery leaves, and onion slices.
- Cover well with water and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the giblets and onions from the broth and let them cool and then chop them into small pieces.
- Remove the meat from the neck bones. Discard the bones and chop up the neck meat as well.
- Add enough water to the reserved broth to equal 3 cups of liquid total.
- Add the flour to a saucepan and add just a little of the broth (enough to make a roux). Slowly add the rest of the broth while whisking and add the pepper. Cook until thick and bubbly.
- Add the butter and stir well.
- Stir in the giblets and chopped boiled eggs. Enjoy!