- Yield: 1 large casserole dish full
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
Green Bean Casserole
One thing we always run out of on Thanksgiving is green bean casserole! Yes, it is smothered with delicious creamy mushroom soup and topped with crispy-crunchy fried onion strings but hey, it's a vegetable right? Enjoy!
Original recipe found here: https://www.craftingafamily.com/traditional-green-bean-casserole-recipe-for-christmas-or-thanksgiving/
- Make sure your frozen green beans are thawed and place them in a large bowl.
- Mix together the milk, soy sauce, and pepper, pour on top of the green beans, and mix them together.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 60-90 minutes. Just keep checking the beans with a fork to see if they are tender enough. When the fork goes easily through then you will know they are done.
- While the beans are baking, fry the onion strings. See recipe here for gluten-free onion strings: https://glutenfreed.recipes/crispy-fried-onion-strings/
- When the green beans are nice and tender, remove from the oven, top with onion strings and enjoy!