- Yield: 16-20 medium pancakes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 16-20 medium pancakes
So, in honor of the upcoming new The Grinch Who Stole Christmas movie, we made some gluten free Green Grinch spinach pancakes that will get anyone into the holiday spirit! These pancakes turned out fluffy,sweet and....SURPRISE!!!...they are super healthy for you! I made these with Stevia and could not taste that after taste that some people say they get from Stevia. I liked them so much that I was nibbling on the first ones while I made the other ones. I told the kids to come for some green pancakes and it sounded like a herd of reindeer thundering through the house as they rushed to the kitchen! The best part though was that I knew I was cooking something healthy but that they also love. Enjoy!!!
- fresh spinach - 2 cups packed
- buttermilk (or 1 cup of milk mixed with 1 tbs of white vinegar) - 2 cups
- large eggs - 2
- oil - 2 tbs
- All Purpose Gluten Free flour blend (I used Great Value All-Purpose Flour Blend) - 2 cups
- Stevia or Cane Sugar - 2 tbs
- baking soda - 2 tsp
- baking powder - 2 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- In a blender, combine the spinach, buttermilk, eggs, and oil. Blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Heat pan to about 350 degrees (if using an electric skittle) and grease if necessary. Hint: the first pancakes will turn out REALLY brown. I'm not sure why but it just always happens, so don't worry the rest won't end up that way.
- Cook until small bubbles appear on the top of the pancakes and the sides look a little firm and then flip!
- You can serve these with whip cream and red hots to make a true holiday treat!