Hamburger Helper Spaghetti
This recipe was a hit for the whole family! My daughter is dairy-free so having something creamy and slightly cheesy was a treat. This gluten-free and dairy-free hamburger helper spaghetti was so easy to make and had such a beautiful creamy texture and slightly cheesy flavor from the nutritional yeast. This is the perfect dish to satisfy a craving for a rich, creamy pasta dish! Enjoy!
- ground beef - 2 lbs.
- cornstarch - 4 tps. (or as needed)
- onion powder - 4 tps.
- garlic powder - 4 tps.
- paprika - 4 tsp.
- nutritional yeast - 2 tbs.
- salt - 1 1/2 tsp. (or to taste)
- Almond Milk - 2 cups
- chicken broth - 1 c.
- pizza sauce (gluten-free) - 1 c.
- Gluten-free noodles - 1 whole package
- parsley (optional) - 1 tbs.
- Cook the ground beef in a deep skillet until completely browned.
- Add the cornstarch, onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, paprika, and salt to the beef and stir, letting it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Combine the Almond milk, chicken broth, and pizza sauce and heat until it is good and hot. You can do this in the microwave or in a separate sauce pan on the stove.
- Add the Almond milk mixture to the ground beef and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to low and let it simmer. If the sauce isn't thick enough, add some more cornstarch in a small bowl with some water. Mix this together to make a slurry and add it to the sauce to help thicken it up. Stir the sauce occasionally so that the bottom doesn't burn.
- While the sauce is thickening, cook the gluten-free noodles halfway in some boiling water with a little olive oil added to it to help separate the noodles. You can also add a lot of salt to the water before you add the noodles to give it some extra flavor.
- Once the noodles are pliable and halfway cooked, transfer them to the sauce and let them finish cooking the rest of the way.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!