Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Cups
This beautiful breakfast is courtesy of our sweet chess teacher Dr. Stutts! These breakfast cups are everything you want in breakfast. It's perfectly cooked eggs, cheesy hashbrowns, and tangy cream cheese give this breakfast beautiful balance and delicious flavor! Enjoy!
- frozen hashbrowns - 1 package
- mozzarella cheese - 2 cups
- cream cheese - 1 package
- eggs - 14
- bacon (optional) - 1 package
- salt - 1 tsp
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Take cream cheese out of the refrigerator and let it warm up to room temperature.
- Thaw the hashbrowns.
- While these are thawing, cook bacon and drain.
- Mix together 2 eggs and the mozzarella cheese, thawed hashbrowns, salt, pepper and bacon (if using).
- Put mixture into cups and bake in the oven until mostly cooked (20-30 minutes).
- Add 1-2 tsp of cream cheese and 1 egg on top of each cup. Season with salt and pepper and put back in the oven until the egg whites are cooked and no longer jiggly. Enjoy!
Hi. I love it. You might mention that I found that recipe somewhere on the internet and that I can’t remember where I saw it and that I use it often. I use fennel powder, turmeric powder, and red pepper to taste in place of salt. I also use bacon bits so that I don’t have to cook bacon.