Healthy Apple Crisp
Do you ever just want a warm, delicious, comforting dessert that is also guilt-free? This dessert is the absolute perfect healthy dessert! It is only sweetened with natural sweeteners but is sweet enough to satisfy the biggest sweet tooth. This dessert is packed full of beautiful warm Fall flavors, and the best part is you can break out the big bowls without a shred of guilt! Enjoy!
Find the original recipe at: http://smashedpeasandcarrots.com/easy-gluten-free-apple-crisp-recipe/
- Apple Filling
- apples (I used Gala) - 6 medium
- agave nectar (or honey) - 3 tbs
- cinnamon (ground) - 1 tbs.
- All purpose gluten free flour (optional) - 1 tbs.
- Crips Topping
- gluten free oats - 2 c
- Almond flour (or All Purpose Gluten Free flour) - 1 c.
- Agave nectar (or honey - 1/2 c.
- coconut oil - 1/2 c.
- cinnamon - 1 tsp
- vanilla - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp.
- Dice and peel the apples.
- In a large bowl, mix the apples with the agave nectar, cinnamon, and flour (if using). Only use the flour if you like your filling to be more firm than loose. Let this mixture sit for at least 30 minutes to an hour to macerate. Macerating the apples like this really lets the sweet flavors of the apples come out and make a beautiful sauce!
- When the apples are almost done macerating, pre-heat your oven to 375.
- Pour the apple mixture into your baking dish and begin mixing the crumble.
- Mix all the ingredients of the crumble together in a medium-sized bowl. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Using your hands sprinkle the crumb topping over the top of the apple filling.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top of the crumble is nicely browned and the filling is bubbling.
- Serve immediately with some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!