- Yield: 12 slices
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Serving: 12 slices
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 107.83
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2.3mg
- Fat Content: 3.1 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g.
- Protein Content: 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Sodium Content: 174.4 mg
- Sugar Content: 6.1 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content: 2.25 g
Healthy Banana Bread
This recipe is a true gem!!! It was so satisfying to watch this bread rise beautifully in the oven and produce such a light, airy texture. Even my husband (who is a gluten eater) had to ask if it was gluten-free because it was so much like regular gluten-filled bread. I love this bread even more because it is only sweetened with natural sweeteners! So, you can feel free to indulge in this bread for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, with no guilt! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Original recipe found at: https://cookieandkate.com/healthy-banana-bread-recipe/
- melted coconut oil (or any other neutral tasting oil) - 1/3 c.
- honey or maple syrup - 1/2 c.
- eggs - 2
- mashed (slightly brown) bananas - 2 medium (or 1 c.)
- milk - 1/4 c.
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- vanilla - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon (ground) - 1 tsp
- Stevia (you can also use regular cane sugar but it won't be as healthy) - 1/4 c. + 1 tbs.
- All Purpose Gluten Free flour blend (I used Great Value All-Purpose Flour Blend) - 1 3/4 c.
- nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit (optional) - 1/2 c. (just choose one-half cup of each or 1/4 c. of a mixture of two of these)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with some cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, honey, and eggs until well combined. (I just used a whisk).
- Next, add the bananas and milk. You can use the end of the whisk or a potato masher to smash the bananas. It is ok if you see some chunks of banana but try to get them as small as possible.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and Stevia, and whisk.
- Finally, add the flour and whisk until the flour completely combined.
- If you are using any add-ins, add them now and gently fold them into the batter until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes. If you have no add-ins, 55 minutes is good, but you may want to leave it in a little longer if you added any of the add-ins such as nuts or fruit. To see if it is done, insert a toothpick in the middle of the loaf. If it comes out with just a few crumbs sticking to it, the bread is perfectly baked! If the toothpick come out completely clean, it may be over-baked. Enjoy!
- P.S. Try spreading some butter over a slice! Pure heaven!!!