Healthy Chickpea Brownies
This is one of those "I can't believe it's made with that...." kind of recipe. These brownies are so moist and fudgy with absolutely no chickpea flavor! The chickpeas add beautiful moisture and richness to the brownies that you won't even miss the butter and processed sugar. They are naturally sweetened with agave (besides the chocolate chips) and are perfect for a snack or indulgent dessert that is gluten-free and dairy-free. Enjoy!
Original recipe found at: https://www.erinliveswhole.com/chickpea-brownies/
- chickpeas - 15 oz. can (1)
- nut butter (I recommend peanut butter!) - 1/2 c.
- agave nectar (or honey) - 1/2 c.
- coconut oil - 1 tbs.
- vanilla - 1 tsp.
- gluten free flour (I use All-Purpose Great Value) - 1/4 c.
- cocoa powder - 1/4 c.
- baking soda - 1/4 tsp.
- baking powder - 1/4 tsp.
- salt - 1/4 tsp.
- diary free chocolate chips - 1/2 c. (plus some to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, blend together the chickpeas, nut butter, agave (or honey), coconut oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and blend until smooth. It may be good to scrape down the sides to make sure it has all blended evenly and completely.
- Stir in 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips by hand. DO NOT PROCESS!!!
- Pour into an 8x8 pan and sprinkle extra chocolate chips on the top if desired.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. You want a few damp crumbs to still cling to it because that means they have not gotten too dry.