- Yield: 1 turkey
- Prep Time: 2 days minutes
- Cook Time: 3-4 hours minutes
Herbed Thanksgiving Turkey
I look forward to this part of Thanksgiving every year! Last year, we wanted to change up the traditional Thanksgiving turkey recipe a bit and add some herbal flare. We were definitely not disappointed in this gluten-free herb-crusted turkey! The key to a flavor-filled turkey is to make sure to be super generous with the butter-herb mixture. Make sure to check the packaging to make sure that any added flavors in the turkey itself are gluten free. We like the Butterball brand. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Make sure that the turkey is completely thawed.
- Remove the giblets.
- Put the turkey into a large pot and cover with the apple cider brine and let sit for 2-3 days
- Take the turkey out of the brine and pat it dry.
- Mix the melted butter with the rosemary and sage.
- Wiggling your hands underneath the skin (without removing or breaking the skin) and start rubbing the herb mixture generously under the skin.
- Bake according to the the turkey package directions. Make sure to occasionally baste the turkey.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy!