This is a beautiful fresh meal that is also extremely satisfying and filling! It has loads of fresh vegetables, and the best part is that you can really use any vegetables that you want. You can also use a variety of meats such as seafood, beef, chicken, and pork. It is paired with an absolutely mouthwatering bibimbap sauce (https://glutenfreed.recipes/bibimbap-sauce/) that is the epitome of umami. Feel free to experiment with the ingredients in this dish by making it spicier or by using a different combination of meats and veggies. Although I would highly recommend adding some sprouts if you can find them! Enjoy!
- chicken (baked) - 6 thighs
- rice (cooked) - 9 c.
- shredded carrot - 1 c.
- sliced mushrooms - 8 oz.
- spinach fresh - 24 oz.
- pickled cucumber or zucchini (https://glutenfreed.recipes/quick-pickled-asian-cucumbers/)
- fried egg - 6
- toasted sesame oil - 2 tsp
- black rice vinegar - 1/2 tsp.
- Bibimbap sauce (https://glutenfreed.recipes/bibimbap-sauce/) - 1 c.
- kimchi (optional)
- bean sprouts (optional)
- bok choy (optional)
- sliced radishes (optional)
- Make sure to get the cucumbers pickled and the rice and chicken cooking a few minutes before you begin on the other ingredients. I highly recommend cooking the rice in an instant pot and cooking the chicken in the oven at 350 until cooked through.
- Make the bibimbap sauce.
- Next, add a very small amount of water to a medium-sized non-stick saucepan. Turn it on to medium heat and once it is hot, add the fresh spinach. Cook for a minute or two and then drizzle with about a teaspoon of toasted sesame oil and a bit of salt. Immediately remove from the pan and set aside. If the spinach seems too wet, you can take a fork and press out some of the liquid and mop it up with a paper towel.
- Next, add the mushrooms to the same pan along with about a teaspoon of rice wine vinegar and half a teaspoon of black rice vinegar. Cook until tender and a bit browned and then set aside.
- Then, fry the eggs in a little bit of butter.
- Assemble your dish and enjoy!