- Yield: 22
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 83
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Cholesterol Content: 19 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Sodium Content: 168 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content: 1 g
I am a huge lemon fan! I like lemon souffle (which will soon make an appearance here as well), lemon pound cake, lemon icing....and these lemon cookies did not disappoint! These lemon cookies are soft and heavenly and absolutely packed with lemon flavor! In the original recipe, there was a recipe for a lemon drizzle too but these are absolutely scrumptious all on their own. I hope ya'll enjoy them as much as I did!
The original recipe can be found at: www.noshtastic.com/easy-lemon-cookies-gluten-dairy-free/
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg, salt, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice to the mixture and mix briefly to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour slowly to the butter and sugar and mix together. You may want to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl to make sure it is all incorporated.
- Chill cookie dough for at least 30 minutes or until it firms up a bit.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten each cookie with your hand to about 1/4th to 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake the gluten free lemon cookies for 12 -15 minutes.
- You can dust them with some powdered sugar or make a lemon glaze if you want but these cookies are amazing by themselves!