- Yield: 8 sandwiches
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 8 sandwiches
Whenever we go on a trip, we usually stop by a fast food restaurant (usually McDonalds) to grab breakfast as a special treat. Well....at least a special treat for the rest of the family. I usually end up drooling over their buttery, bacony breakfast sandwiches as I eat my plain eggs and bacon on the side...but not today!!!! This recipe absolutely blew me away!!! The bun was slightly sweet and has a light fluffy texture and buttery flavor. I used a donut pan for the buns and just cut the "donuts" in half to make the sandwich but you can also use mason jar lids or whoopie pie pans to make them look more like the McGriddle sandwiches. Enjoy!
- pancake or maple syrup - 4 tsp.
- eggs - 4 large
- cream cheese or yogurt - 8 tbs
- All Purpose Gluten Free flour blend (I used Great Value All-Purpose Flour Blend) - 1 1/3 c.
- baking powder - 2 tsp
- vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- Stevia or Cane Sugar - 4 tsp.
- salt (fine) - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease your donut pans, whoopie pie pans, or mason jar lids with non-stick spray.
- Place all the ingredients (except for the syrup) into a blender and pulse until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides and mix a little by hand. You could also probably use a standing mixer.
- Pour evenly into your mold of choice. I used a donut pan and it gave me 8 whole donuts that I cut in half to make 8 sandwiches.
- Pour about 1/2 tsp of syrup onto the top of each "donut" and swirl with a toothpick.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and puffy. Let cool.
- Cut in half and add your favorite fillings such as eggs, bacon, sausage, or cheese. Enjoy!