Orange Cranberry Muffins
Orange cranberry muffins were our Christmas breakfast growing up! They were the flavors of Christmas with their hint of holiday spice, fresh citrus, and tart cranberries. I'm so excited to have finally found a recipe that is both dairy free and gluten-free and is healthier (but with no sacrifice of flavor) than most other muffins. You can adjust the sugar quantity to your own tastes or even use powdered Stevia in place of the sugar if you'd like! Happy Holidays!
Original recipe found at: https://www.onelovelylife.com/orange-cranberry-muffins/#tasty-recipes-26716
Image by <a href="https://pixabay.com/users/denisnaumenko-4940752/?utm_source=link-attribution&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=image&utm_content=3834591">Denis Naumenko</a> from <a href="https://pixabay.com/?utm_source=link-attribution&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=image&utm_content=3834591">Pixabay</a>
- zest of an orange - 1
- orange juice (fresh or from the carton) - 1/4 c.
- milk (almond or regular) - 3/4 c.
- butter - 1/3 c.
- honey - 1/3 c.
- eggs - 2
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp.
- All Purpose Gluten Free flour blend (I used Great Value All-Purpose Flour Blend) - 2 c.
- baking powder - 2 tsp.
- baking soda - 1/4 tsp.
- salt - 1/4 tsp.
- cinnamon - 1/4-1/2 tsp.
- fresh cranberries - 1 1/2 c.
- cane sugar (or powdered Stevia) - 1/2-3/4 c.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone muffin cups.
- Melt the butter in the microwave until it is completely liquid and let it sit while you complete the next step.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine orange zest, orange juice and milk. Stir and let sit for about two minutes or so.
- Add cooled butter, eggs and vanilla to the orange juice, zest, and milk mixture. Stir to combine and sit aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined.
- Use a food processor to chop the cranberries into smaller bits. Fold these gently into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!