This peach cobbler is just as tasty and comforting as its gluten-free counterpart, complete with a crispy top and custard-like filling! I highly recommend using fresh peaches for this recipe, but canned or frozen would work as well. Pair this with some vanilla ice cream https://glutenfreed.recipes/vanilla-ice-cream-eggless/ or dairy-free ice cream https://glutenfreed.recipes/guilt-free-coconut-ice-cream/ for a special summer treat! This recipe is easy to make dairy-free since it uses almond milk. You can use dairy-free butter to make it completely dairy-free or you could use regular milk and butter too.
Original recipe found at: https://mamashire.com/easy-gluten-free-peach-cobbler-recipe/
- Peel and slice the peaches into long strips. Put these in a saucepan along with the sugar and cornstarch and mix to combine.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to thicken. Make sure to stir it frequently to prevent scorching!
- While this cooks, mix together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes while you work on the rest of the steps.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the butter (or dairy free butter) in a 9 x 13 baking dish and place it in the oven to melt.
- While the butter is melting, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the milk and vinegar mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven (if the butter is completely melted) and gently pour the batter on top of the butter but do not stir! You can gently spread the batter if needed.
- Spoon the peach mixture over the batter but don't stir.
- Bake at 50-55 minutes until the top is crisp and golden brown. Enjoy with some homemade ice cream!