The last time I had muffins like these was from a grocery store in Minot, North Dakota where we use to live! Every time we would have a flight back home to see family, we would stop by the grocery store (at 3 am) to buy these muffins before getting to the airport for that early flight. These homemade pistachio muffins check all the same boxes that those grocery store muffins did, but these are fresh and you have some for later! These gluten-free pistachio muffins are beautifully fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside! The sugar on the top creates this beautiful crust full of flavor and texture that I have never seen in any other muffin. They are also super easy to make! No twenty step method and only one bowl. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Original recipe found at:
- unsalted butter (melted) - 1/2 c.
- granulated sugar - 3/4 c.
- eggs - 2
- vanilla - 1 tsp
- instant pistachio pudding mix - 3.4 oz
- baking powder - 2 tsp.
- baking soda - 1 tsp.
- salt - 1/2 tsp.
- milk - 1/2 c.
- Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour - 2 c.
- granulated sugar (for the top) - 1/4 c.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream the melted butter (it does not have to be cooled) and the 3/4 c. of sugar together until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and milk and mix to combine.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined. Don't overmix! The mixture will be thick.
- Prepare your muffin tin and fill each space 3/4 of the way full with batter.
- Sprinkle sugar over the tops of the muffins before putting them in the oven.
- Place in the oven and bake for 7 minutes and then turn the heat down to 350 for 10-20 minutes (depending on your oven). To see if they are done, stick a toothpick in the center. If it comes out with a few crumbs clinging to it but not wet batter then they are finished! If it comes out completely clean they may be overcooked.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool and finish cooking on the cooling wrack before serving. Enjoy!