- Yield: 24 regular muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 24 muffins
Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
These gluten-free pumpkin cranberry muffins are the perfect mash-up of my favorite Fall flavors: pumpkin and cranberry. At first, I was skeptical as to whether these two flavors would marry well, but I was very pleasantly surprised! The beautiful warm spices (and you can really taste the spices in these muffins!), the tartness of the cranberries, and the creaminess of the pumpkin come together to make a truly perfect Fall muffin! Enjoy!
- Muffin Mixture
- All Purpose Gluten Free flour blend (I used Great Value All-Purpose Flour Blend) - 3 c.
- sugar or stevia (or a mixture of both) - 2 c.
- baking powder - 1 tbs.
- baking soda - 1 tsp.
- salt - 1/2 tsp.
- ground cloves - 1/2 tsp.
- ground cinnamon - 2 tsp.
- ground nutmeg - 1 tsp.
- ground allspice - 1/2 tsp.
- fresh cranberries (coarsely chopped) - 1 1/2 c.
- chopped pecans (optional) - 1/2 c.
- pumpkin puree - 1 can (15 oz.)
- vegetable or coconut oil - 3/4 c.
- eggs - 3
- vanilla extract - 1 tbs.
- milk - 1/4 c.
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- sugar - 1/2 c.
- ground cinnamon - 1 tbs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice).
- Roughly chop the cranberries (you can pulse them in a food processor), and add to the flour mixture making sure to coat the cranberries well.
- Add all the wet ingredients (pumpkin, oil, eggs, vanilla, and milk) to a standing mixer with a whisk attachment. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until fully incorporated. Add the other half and mix until well incorporated and silky.
- Prepare a muffin pan and fill the muffin liners about 3/4 of the way with the batter.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together for the topping and add about 1/2 teaspoon onto the top of each muffin.
- Bake from 17-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few damp crumbs on it.
- Take them out of the oven and let them sit for about five minutes in the pan.
- Remove and enjoy!