Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
These pumpkin pie pancakes are fall in breakfast form! These pancakes are full of deep fall spices but the right balance of sweetness from the pumpkin to make this truly one of the best fall breakfasts I have ever had! Top this with some pumpkin butter and whipped cream and you will be in fall heaven. Enjoy!
- All Purpose Gluten Free flour blend (I used Great Value All-Purpose Flour Blend) - 1 1/4 c.
- baking powder (gluten free) - 1 1/2 tsp.
- baking soda - 1/2 tsp.
- salt - 1/2 tsp.
- sugar or stevia (or a mixture of both, which is my preference) - 2 1/2 tbs.
- cinnamon - 1 1/2 tsp.
- allspice - 1/4 tsp.
- cloves - 1/4 tsp.
- powdered ginger - 1/4 tsp.
- eggs - 2
- buttermilk (or if you don't have buttermilk, just add a little white vinegar to some whole milk) - 3/4 c.
- unsalted butter (melted and cooled) - 2 tbs.
- canned pumpkin - 1 c.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove and let it cool to room temperature.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients in a small or medium-sized bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Add more milk if the batter is too thick.
- Heat your skillet (I highly recommend a non-stick electic skillet!) to about 300 degrees and cook until cooked through.
- Enjoy with some pumpkin butter and whipped cream on top for best results!!!