Pumpkin Scones with Spiced Glaze
Whether you are a pumpkin lover or not, these gluten free pumpkin scones are sure to please! I am one of those who, every fall, starts breaking out the cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in anticipation for all things Pumpkin, while my husband could absolutely care less about anything with pumpkin in the name. He was a martyr (as he always is when it comes to me trying new recipes) and tried these and said that he actually likes them! SCORE!!! So, whether you are a Pumpkin fan or not, these scones are a wonderful Fall treat that everyone can enjoy!
Find the original recipe at www.laurafuentes.com.
- Pumpkin Scones
- All Purpose Gluten Free flour blend (I used Great Value All-Purpose Flour Blend) - 2 c.
- sugar - 1/2 c.
- baking powder - 1 tbs.
- salt - 1/2 tsp.
- pumpkin spice - 2 tsp.
- butter (cold and grated) - 6 tbs.
- pumpkin puree - 1/2 c.
- whole milk (or half and half) - 3 tbs.
- egg - 1 large
- Spiced Glaze
- powdered sugar - 1/2 c.
- milk - 3 tsp.
- ground cinnamon - 1/2 tsp.
- pumpkin spice - 1/8 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices inside a sifter and sift onto a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer. Whisk a little to combine.
- Using a cheese grater, grate your butter into the dry mixture. Combine shredded butter and dry ingredients with your hands or a pastry blender (one of those things your mom used to cut the butter into the biscuit mix with).
- In a medium bowl mix pumpkin, half & half, and egg. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients -if they aren’t combining well, turn on the mixer on low and mix it well (do not over mix). The dough won’t be dry, it’s a bit sticky.
- Remove dough onto a lightly floured surface and make a large round circle (about 1 inch high). Cut into 6 or 8 triangles and place onto lined baking sheet (or into your scone pan).
- Brush tops lightly with egg wash.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until they are light brown. Remove from oven and allow them to cool.
For the Glaze:
- Mix powdered sugar, milk and spices.
- Once scones have cooled, drizzle with glaze. Let glaze harden and enjoy.