- Yield: 8-10 waffles
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Pumpkin Spice Waffles
These pumpkin waffles are the best way to usher in fall! They are light and fluffy and bursting with warm fall spices. Add some cinnamon whipped butter on top for a real treat! Happy Fall ya'll! Enjoy!
Original recipe found at: https://www.number-2-pencil.com/pumpkin-waffle-recipe/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest&utm_campaign=tailwind_tribes&utm_content=tribes&utm_term=415186742_14006578_108259
- All Purpose Gluten Free flour blend (I used Great Value All-Purpose Flour Blend) - 2 c.
- dark brown sugar - 3 tbs.
- baking powder (gluten free) - 2 tsp.
- baking soda - 1 tsp.
- cinnamon - 3 tsp.
- allspice - 1/2 tsp
- cloves - 1/2 tsp
- powdered ginger - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- buttermilk - 1 1/2 cups (210 g)
- canned pumpkin - 1 c.
- egg yolk - 1
- egg whites - 3
- coconut oil (softened or melted) or butter - 4 tbs
- apple cider vinegar - 2 tbs.
1. Whisk together dry ingredients.
2. Add all of the wet ingredients, except for the egg whites and mix to combine.
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks appear and then gently fold into the waffle batter until most of the white streaks are gone (it's ok if you still see a few remaining white streaks). You fold it in so that you can retain all the air of the whipped egg whites in the batter so that the waffles will be as fluffy as possible.
4. Cook immediately on the waffle iron and enjoy!
Tip: The buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, and baking soda also help add air and bubbles into the batter.