Quick Pickled Cucumbers
These quick pickled cucumbers add a nice snap that will brighten up your meal! They have a lovely crisp texture and slightly sour taste that pairs well with salads and meats. It takes less than five minutes to make them and only uses four main ingredients. I especially like to use these in Korean Bibimbap. Enjoy!
- cucumbers - 1
- rice vinegar - enough to cover the cucumbers completely (about 1 cup is good)
- sugar - 2 tsp.
- salt - a pinch
- red chilli flakes (optional) - 1/2 tsp
- shallot (optional) - 1
- Slice the cucumbers very thin. I would highly recommend using a mandolin for this step.
- Put the cucumbers in a bowl and cover them completely with rice vinegar.
- Add the sugar and salt and mix well. If you are using the other optional ingredients, add them now as well.
- Let this mixture sit for at least five minutes before serving. Enjoy!