Any time you go to a luncheon in the south, you can bet you will probably find these beauties sitting in all their sausage glory in between the congealed salads and casseroles. But you'd better be first in line, because, in my experience, they don't last very long. Every time I have been at a southern luncheon since going gluten free I have had to pass these guys up with much drooling and many longing looks. But not anymore!!! These taste exactly, and I mean exactly like the heavenly sausage balls that I remember enjoying pre-gluten free.
These little balls of heaven are tender but slightly crunchy on the outside. The sausage flavor is so rich and satisfying mixed with the sharp cheddar and subtle parmesan! I like to cook mine a little longer until the bottoms are really crispy, but if you like them softer, you can choose the shorter cooking time as well.
Original Recipe at https://ketosizeme.com/keto-sausage-balls/
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the egg, Parmesan cheese, baking powder, coconut oil, flour and salt until fully combined.
- Mix in the sausage and cheddar cheese by hand.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop the balls onto a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 minutes.