Simple Fluffy Biscuits
I finally found the perfect gluten-free simple, fluffy biscuit recipe!!! This recipe really is incredibly easy, with only four ingredients to worry about, and makes perfect fluffy, buttery biscuits in a much shorter amount of time than traditional gluten-filled biscuits. Grab some homemade jam and butter and enjoy!
Original recipe found at thereislifeafterwheat.com
- All Purpose Gluten Free flour blend (I used Great Value All-Purpose Flour Blend) - 1 c.
- baking powder (gluten free) - 1/2 tbs.
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- whipping cream - 3/4 c.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, baking powder, and salt. Add cream while stirring with a spoon, just until everything is combined. The dough should be sticky.
- Sprinkle a small amount of gluten-free flour onto parchment, or wax paper. Scoop 1/4 of biscuit dough onto the floured surface, scoop another 1/4 of the dough on top and gently press down, and continue with remaining dough. Don't work the dough, simply pat down each piece on top so that you end up with a round of dough about 1" thick. Use a biscuit cutter to cut the biscuits and place them on a baking sheet. Make sure your biscuit cutter is sharp so that your rise is better. The biscuit dough may seem dense and heavy but that's ok.
- Brush with melted butter and bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!