Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
Sometimes, you just need a good hearty breakfast to kick off your morning! But, if you are a mom of three like me, that is sometimes hard to achieve outside of a quick bowl of oatmeal. This hash has blown my mind!!! It is easy and quick to make and is packed with beautiful aromatic thyme and rosemary. Rosemary is suppose to be good for focus, so this is a perfect start to the day! I would highly recommend using summer sausage for the meat in this recipe but you can easily add your favorite meat to make it your own. Enjoy!
- Note: This recipe has been updated and improved as of July 7, 2021!
- sweet potato (diced) - 1 medium
- summer sausage (or sausage of choice...diced) - 1/4 c.
- thyme (dried) - 1/2 tsp
- rosemary (dried) - 1/2 tsp.
- onion powder - 1/4 tsp
- salt - 1/8-1/4 tsp
- garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sunny side up egg (optional) - 1 (cooked)
- Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat in a pan.
- Dice the sweet potatoes and add them to the pan when it gets hot. You know it is ready when you flick some water into the pan and it sizzles. Cook the potatoes until they are almost cooked through.
- Dice the sausage and add it to the pan along with the thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and onion powder.
- Cook until the potatoes are cooked through and the sausage has browned a bit.
- Cook your egg in some butter and add on top of the hash. Enjoy!