- Yield: 2 lbs.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
Vietnamese Baked Chicken
This recipe is sure to satisfy any Asian food craving!!! Its rich deep flavors send you to the far east in the most delicious way! Pair this with some rice noodles and bean sprouts or even a cold chickpea salad for the ultimate experience! Enjoy!
Find Original Recipe: nerdswithknives.com
- chicken thighs - 2 lbs. (900 g)
- soy sauce (gluten free) - 1/4 c. (60 ml)
- Asian fish sauce - 1/4 c. (60 ml)
- fresh ginger - 1 tbs. (10 g.) minced and pealed
- dark brown sugar - 1/4 c. (55 g)
- fresh lime juice - 1 1/2 tbs. (20 ml)
- lime zest (finely grated) - 1 tsp (5 g)
- garlic cloves - 3 (minced or grated)
- cilantro leaves and stems - 2 packed Tbs. (1/4 oz)
- oil (neutral flavor) - 2 tbs (30 ml)
- Place the chicken thighs in a zip lock freezer bag.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Pour over the chicken thighs and let it marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (218 C).
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until no longer pink inside. If the chicken has skin, you may want to broil it some under the broiler until it is crispy, right before taking it out of the oven.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and let it rest for 5 minutes. Enjoy!